Sunday, August 14, 2005

Singapore Celebrates 40th Years of Independence

My...another attempt in shooting fireworks.

Shooting fireworks holding a 2kg camera in one hand and cable release in another, maintaining it without the slightest handshake for continuous shots of two seconds shuttle speed curtain is no joke. Saving my back carrying a tripod? Not exactly. Had actually lent my dear friend Estee my travel tripod together with my one and only tripod head for her two months Euro trip.

Out of 30shots only manage to salvage 2 decent ones, not after much post processing.



Once a colleauge asked me, "What should your camera settings be to shoot fireworks?" Well, here's my personal recommendation.

Camera Mode: Manual
Aperture: f10
Shuttle Speed: 2 seconds min.(cable release trigger preferably)
Focus: Manual, set to maximum focus(infinity)
ISO: 100/200
Other: Tripod is a must!

Took the opportunity to shoot this moonlight cityscape shot.


This is the first time Singapore celebrates her National Day at decentralised locations - Jurong East, Marina Bay, Padang, Tampinese and Yishun.

Here are the shots I managed to capture standing on the concrete barrier along Benjamin Shears bridge highway, rubbing shoulders with the eager onlookers next to me.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home